Limited Building Access. 25 Patron Capacity.
We're happy to have you back in the library!
Monday - Friday 2:00pm - 6:00pm
Some things have changed, so here's our plan for making your visit as safe and efficient as possible.
- Return books to the book drop outside
- Masks are required
- Limit your visit to 1 hour
- Maintain a 6-foot distance from others
- No cash transactions - bring your debit card
- Wash your hands often
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home if you're not feeling well, or use our curbside service instead
Please limit your visit to 1 hour per day. During that time, feel free to:
- Browse and check out materials
- Pick up holds
- Get a library card
- Get assistance with your account
- Pay library fines - debit or credit only
Public Computer Use
- Public computers are by reservation only (call 205.439.5511 to reserve)
- Reservations are for one hour per person per day.
- Reservations are available Monday - Thursday at 10:15am, 12pm, 2pm, 3:30pm
- Be sure to bring your own storage device if needed.
We're Not Quite Ready For:
- In-person programs
- Meeting room reservations
- Tech help appointments
- Reading newspapers
Spaces Taking a Break:
- Children's play areas
- Vending room
- Meeting rooms
Things You Can Do From Home
- Get a library card - call 205-439-5508 or 205-439-5509
- Search the catalog and place holds
- Check out ebooks or stream movies
- Get book recommendations - Fill out the Book Bundle Form
- Check out our virtual programs for Adults, Teens, and Children