The Children's Department is temporarily located on the 1st floor down the long hallway to the right after entering the library and serves children from birth through 5th grade.
The North Shelby Library is open for regular operation though we are easing back into more regular programming and activities in order to keep our patrons and staff safe.
Here is an overview of some of our offerings and services in the Children's Department:
- Virtual, Social-Distancing, and Hybrid Programs: We are slowly resuming in-person programming, but some programs will remain virtual or will be designed so that participants may attend virtually if they wish. Please check our online calender to see what programs we are offering and how we are offering them! Please feel free to call or email us if you have any questions!
- Activity Bundles: We've now have Activity Bundles for check outs! Each bundle will come with a book and printable activity sheets. Keep the activity sheets and return the book! We'll have different themes each month! Bundles are designed for children PreK through 1st Grade. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 439-5504 to request a bundle!
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten: North Shelby Library participates in the nationwide program, 1000 Books Before Kindergarten. It's never too early to read to your child(ren)! Early literacy is crucial for future success, and the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten provides an encouraging and paced challenge for young children and their families. To register for this program, go to our Beanstack site and sign up for an account and then register for the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program.
- Tween Leadership Council: For ages 8-12! The NSL Children’s Department is forming a Tween Leadership Council so our tweens can help us develop programs that they want to have! Email the completed application to the Youth Services Librarian at email@example.com: Tween/Teen Leadership Council Application.
- YouTube Channel: Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel! We upload fun content such as storytimes, craft ideas, book talks and more.
If you have any questions, please call the Children's Department at (205) 439-5504 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.